Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Pen Pals :)

I just read a lovely post about two settings, different from each other joining up to send letters, photos etc. I would love to do this with a village nursery as i am in London!

I know we are all very busy but this could be a letter once every few months/ a term and would be so exciting for the children ( and staff) he he!

Let me know if you would be interested and we can swap details!

Thanks x :o

I think thats a fab idea. I would love to have a preschool penpal and I've tried in the past but without much success. not sure if I am in a village but a smallish town in somerset if you are interested. We are a private 20 place setting taking children from 2 years old and I have 6 members of staff. Let me know if I meet your criteria but I reckon you might get lots of interested settings so will leave it to you. Prehaps we need a new area for penpals on here

I think thats a fab idea. I would love to have a preschool penpal and I've tried in the past but without much success. not sure if I am in a village but a smallish town in somerset if you are interested. We are a private 20 place setting taking children from 2 years old and I have 6 members of staff. Let me know if I meet your criteria but I reckon you might get lots of interested settings so will leave it to you. Prehaps we need a new area for penpals on here

Yes! To the 'Powers That Be' - can this be arranged?!

I too like the idea of having a penpal nursery.

No reason why not. We have/had a scheme that ran very successfully where a teddy bear was passed from setting to setting, and lots of pictures of him (Callum) in various settings and situations were put up in the gallery.

So I'd be happy to set up a general pen pals forum if you'd like one. :o

No reason why not. We have/had a scheme that ran very successfully where a teddy bear was passed from setting to setting, and lots of pictures of him (Callum) in various settings and situations were put up in the gallery.

So I'd be happy to set up a general pen pals forum if you'd like one. xD

Ooh, yes please, Steve! :o

Hi Max321- Ive had a message from another member already but its sounds like i could of sparked a new idea within the EYFSF!!

I think its a great idea on all levels and covers so much of the EYFS from the start! I can imagine it now lots of photos, postcards, letters/pictures from the children and lots of little suprises along the way!

Lets get inspired :)

P.s. Mukerjee1 - not sure in you have my inbox messages, for some reason there not in my sent items...let me know!

Edited by Guest

Would this not come under 'settings exchanges'

we did do it a long time ago, I was linked with a school but it tended to fall down if one or other was not as prompt at replying or things got in the way..

it did work for us for about a year to 18 months and we had a teddy like Callum we used as a pass on item that visited each a term at a time . I have seen one where a 'flat' person was used as it was left costly to post.

Unfortunately Callum was lost in the post with all his lovely info of places he had visited and things he had seen, some put pictures in the gallery but that again fell a bit as no one added to the gallery for others to see..

Hi, I would be interested in a setting exchange (have just looked at previous forums on this), either in England or abroad. We are a Foundation Stage Unit in a small village near Wakefield.

If anyone is inerested, please let me know x x

Anje

Guest mukerjee1

Bubbles ,

Hi - got your message. Have sent a reply. Looks like you've hit upon a really good idea - a dedicated thread sounds great!

• 3 months later...