Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Elmer Planning

Guest JoBullen24

Guest JoBullen24

Hey everyone!! Happy New Year before I start.

I have been planning as topic on a few of the Elmer stories and am drying up with fun ideas. I have found a few on here and do have a few of my own but I need some new insproation.

I have 'Elmer', 'Elmer and Wilbur', 'Elmer and the stranger', 'Elmer and Rose', 'Elmer and Grandpa Eldo' and a few more.

I also want to do some more Science investigations so anything linked would be fab.

Thanks in advance for any inspiration.

:o

Can only think of one sciency thing - in one of the stories Elmer plays about with echoes I think, or maybe ventriloquism, could the children be encouraged to make the string telephone things we did it a couple of years ago using sturdy plastic cups and string I seem to remember.

That fab site 'communication 4 all' has a brill Elmer pack, full of ideas.

We did colour related science work based on the book when all the elephants turned into Elmers! Colour mixing / camouflage.

We also used the series to do an author study of David McKee - he has a good site of his own, good luck!

Jenni

Guest JoBullen24
Can only think of one sciency thing - in one of the stories Elmer plays about with echoes I think, or maybe ventriloquism, could the children be encouraged to make the string telephone things we did it a couple of years ago using sturdy plastic cups and string I seem to remember.

Thank you very much. I have tried this with another cohort and they loved it. Thanks for reminding me !

Guest JoBullen24
Hi and welcome

These Elmer models made out of bottles are great....see here

These look brilliant. Lovely by the window too with the light. Thank you

Guest JoBullen24
That fab site 'communication 4 all' has a brill Elmer pack, full of ideas.

We did colour related science work based on the book when all the elephants turned into Elmers! Colour mixing / camouflage.

We also used the series to do an author study of David McKee - he has a good site of his own, good luck!

Jenni

Great ideas. I didn't even think to look on that website and it's great!! Cheers.

Guest hfitz12

I did some work on Elmer with my Reception class last year. It was my first year in EY so I'm not saying it is perfect , but if you want to message me I will email it to you.

Edited by hfitz12

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)