Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maize Maze

mundia

I was admiring the maize in the my garden this morning (which is actually strating to look like it might grow now we've had some sun). And I was thining about the mziae mazes that are created every eyear in many parts of the country.

Cut out of maize crops in delightful designs, they are hours of fun, especally if you have no sense of direction (like me). Redesigned every year with the new crop, and covering many acres, they are a great day out. They are only oen for a few weeks each year usually between July and August before the crop is harvetsed.

Find one near you this summer and if you get some photos, could we see them?...

And if you have been to one before, please tell us about it.

find a maize maze near you

Hi

Went to Redhouse farm last year. Not far from me near Altrincham. It was great fun. Took my mum, sister and her boys (aged 12 and 4). My sister and I took it seriously and recorded our route, split off into two groups in some parts to check it all out. We had to find letters that would spell a certain word, we didn't stop until we had found them all. We had a thoroughly great time. If I remember correctly it took about two hours to walk around it all. If you get bored or lost, just wave your flag and you will be rescued.

There are other attractions:

We went through this monster's mouth and walked around it's insides and out of it's tail. Quite weird and spooky when the lights were turned off!!

Children's playarea/sand pit and a bike track.

The food was good. There's a little shop and there was a plant sale when we were there.

I have photos on my laptop, will try and upload some.

Michaelle you will have a great time, guaranteed. The weather wasn't too great the day we went, but it did stay dry.

Hi

I have a few photos on my laptop. My laptop isn't linked to internet. The photos are jpeg files and sized 2.02MB, so I can't fit one on a floppy disk to transfer to desktop computer for uploading. Can anyone help me reduce/change photo size? Any ideas?