Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Profile Scores

Just wondering what everyone's scores seem to look like. Lowest was 29, highest 92 with an average score of 58.

Have 14 IEPs in class and one Special Needs child who will have to have alternate assessment. I still feel that on some accounts I was overly leniant - but was pressured to circle because they didn't seem to have very many!!! (Not my want!)

Thanks!

Hi gater

I think that 4-5 is now considered a pretty 'average' score, so your average would be in line with that. I couldnt find that information from catma breaking down the points and realiting them to national expectations but I think 6 adn above is considered 'good'. this would make a total of 78 if my maths is correct.

Its a bit of a nonsense if you are under pressure to add more points when you dont feel that is right, surely that could set the children up as KS1 failures? Is that your lovely FSco putting the pressure on?

Hi guys,

My lowest is 37 and my higest 98, just worked out the average and its 75. Does that sound right? The only special needs i have is for behaviour and my class is doing well. Does this sound ok?

Im worred i might of scored them high... both me and my TA have checked, surely we can't both be being generous?

Also i have two new children starting on monday... im not going to be expected to enter their stuff am i and send it to the lea, surely the last school would be expected to do this?

Thanks x

Sounds about right buttonmoon if you don't have any special needs.

I can't see how you can send data for chn. who have only just arrived. I have a child who left two weeks ago and will be inputting their data, I think!!

It's been my first year doing profiles and I have found it extremely difficult!!

The statements of what chn. are supposed to be able to do and the examples given don't always seem to correlate, then looking at the CD clips I keep thinking 'our chn. can do that'!

I didn't get proper moderation as the other staff I was working with didn't bring in any samples of work to moderate. In some areas even the staff at school can't agree!

I don't know whether I've let chn. down by not scoring high enough or been too generous!!

Aaaahhhh! :oxD

At least everyone was is as worried as eachother!

We're hoping to change what we do next year as this years been far too much paper work.

We've just bought 'Striding for the stepping stones' has anyone else used this?

It basically the profile broken down into points, and instead of having a profile for each child its all in one folder and it can be done on the computer.

When we get it i'll list more details, from what i saw it made filling out the profile easier than what we're using.

It basically the profile broken down into points, and instead of having a profile for each child its all in one folder and it can be done on the computer.

When we get it i'll list more details, from what i saw it made filling out the profile easier than what we're using.

34296[/snapback]

Sounds interesting buttonmoon - please let us know how you get on with it.

Is anyone else considering using the Pips profile stuff which you do at the start and end of each year?

Hmm... mine appear similar... though starting to think either I've been slightly generous or I've got an able cohort!

My highest is about 110, lowest 65.

The highest (there are 3 on 110) are all very able in every area. Two are reading books from Year 3 and 4 fluently!

But I've just been looking at some of the scale points 8 for things like KUW and CD and thought to myself... what child WOULDN'T do that?

What child would not 'use imagination in response .. blah blah blah', what child would not 'build and construct with a wide range of objects... blah blah blah'?

If the functions are in place for the children to achieve these points, I can't think of a child in my class that doesn't!

Not agree?

ha... sorry Susan you've lost me...

why are we doing what?... the profile? if that's what you meant then I totally agree! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)