Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Talking Boxes

I have just bought some 'Rainbow Talking Boxes' - the type that lets you recorder your own 10 second message into the box and which plays when opened.

BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM!! Thought they looked a good idea for our topic of 'Boxes'.

Has anyone used these boxes and have any good ideas on ways to use them?

Any ideas appreciated!

Thank you

:o

Not sure I have used exactly the same thing but I have had some little boxes to record a message on, which the children could press to play and listen to, we added boxes/questions to an interactive display which they enjoyed and it certainly caught their imagination, next step would be to record their messages/comments/questions - a bit fiddly?

We have some of these and have a used them in a few ways.

- putting in an area of the classroom with a challenge on them e.g. can you build....? in Construction Area

- children have created sound effects for role play areas e.g. when we made a rocket they counted 10, 9, 8... into box then used this in their play

- i have recorded reminder for an independent task

- children have used independently to record themselves and their friends (they LOVED this)

I'm sure there's lots of other ideas people will be along with soon!

We have some of these - but there uses aren't exactly what you asked for!!

Firstly, I lent one to a family whose daughter wouldn't sleep because of the monsters under her bed. I suggested that dad 'roar' into the box and then with his daughter captured the monster. Which was then safely in the box - and the little girl slept well after that!

Another time, we had a child with a slight seperation anxiety, so she decorated a box at home with mum and then mum recorded a message each day and put in a picture or something else which the child brought into pre-school every day for comfort.

Would love to hear other ideas though!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)