Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advent Calendar Ideas ?

Guest Pebble123

Guest Pebble123

Has anyone got any new ideas ? I usually do a tree or something and the children all make a bauble with a number on and take it in turns to turn over 1 each day, I fancy doing something new and exciting !

I wrap my selection of Christmas stories in wrapping paper and put them in a large box numbered and we share the book of the day xD Cheap simple and they always get excited about opening 'the present'.Tick list sorts out who's opened a present and make sure everyones had a turn :o

I was also always aware that tried and tested may be new to the children, but the staff and adults need a change too to spark the enthusiasm to help it along.. can get very boring for them too .

we did the tree thing, but had an artificial tree and real baubles with numbers on them.. another was a plain background with items to put on to make a picture.. snowy one was popular, and a number count of the items in the picture.. also had a nativity scene where an item was added each day.. but did depend on the children present as to is we could use it..

like the book idea..

could do the same with a card to open each day to put up..

a Santa and put the bits on him, like eyes, nose etc..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)