Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Psrn Lesson Observation

Hi Everyone,

I'm being observed this week teaching PSRN with a focus on how the high achievers are being stretched.

Can anyone suggest something dazzling that will make my lesson stand out from the crowd?? My theme this week is based around birthdays...

Hi Everyone,

I'm being observed this week teaching PSRN with a focus on how the high achievers are being stretched.

Can anyone suggest something dazzling that will make my lesson stand out from the crowd?? My theme this week is based around birthdays...

Ordering birthday cards with ages on, correct number of candles on cake, problem solving - how many people at the party, how will we share the cake... tally of favourite party foods / sandwich fillings - how many of each will we need?... We had chocolate playdough and number cutters and made pretend chocoloate biscuits and decorated them with correct number of sequins... problem solving - we've got this much chocoate playdough and we need to make this many cupcakes, dividing the large amount up, no, we need three more etc etc...?

We are going to decide how many ways we can make different jellies - 2 flavours in each bowl using 3 and then 4 different flavours 9for instance strawberry and lime, strawberry and orange, lime and orange etc). Could record this by colouring in bowl shapes. Depends on how pushy your school is for recording PSRN work.

Thank-you for all your great ideas!! I've decided to adapt your candles and cake idea Millhill & hopefully it will be as successful for me as it has been for others in the past. Wish me luck...

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)