Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Post Office

Guest terrydoo73

Guest terrydoo73

I know we could make one ourselves but am l looking for a fairly large pop up round post box to use over the coming weeks for Santa's letters!

In the past I have covered box from Morrisons vouchers.

Last year we decided not to do cards. Potentially we could have 7000 how many trees is that.

We now put up a big tree on wall. children each decorate a card bauble and put a message on it to all their friends.

Saves time sorting, upset children who do not get as many cards and the planet.

Can send you letter i sent out and template if interested.

Buttercup

Nice idea Buttercup,

we have a box from a dyson upright hoover we've painted but it takes a memeber of staff ages to sort them each day and pop into each childs christmas box so your idea might a be a great alternative, i would like to see your letter and template if you wouldn't mind

xx

Edited by max321

Hope this works.

I printed it on coloured paper and put this letter with it.

Christmas is coming and each year children are excited about sending Christmas cards to their friends. We currently have 70 children attending playgroup over the course of a week. While we are happy to give you lists of children's names we would like you to consider this alternative.

Decorate the attached bauble and write your message to all your playgroup friends. After it has been posted in the post box at playgroup we will read it at circle time and then help your child to put it on our Christmas tree for all to see.

By doing this will save time, money and the planet!

70 children x 70 cards = 4,900 Christmas cards

If you have already written your cards or want to send cards to special friends please feel free to distribute them accordingly.

It really did save alot of hassle last year. Cannot take credit for idea it came from this site.

Buttercup

bauble.docx

Guest terrydoo73

Sorry I seem to have got you onto a different tangent - we don't want to use the box to send cards to the children as such just for the children to actually use as a role play activity during December. Haven't thought about children sending cards to each other yet!

thankyou dont know why it did not work. I have latest word

buttercup

it did work just that by using the latest version of word gives a .docx document which is not compatible with the earlier versions many use..so they cannot open it.. all I did was save it to an earlier version so more could access the document..

I have found many a document unable to open because of this until I was given a copy of the latest version.. real pain..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)