Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Polish Christmas!

Hi

We are beginning to start christmas preparations in our Nursery e.g. play rehearsal. This year we have decided to do a small carol concert instead of a nativity play due to the ability of the children in the class. The children will still dress up and some will have a word or simple phrase to say but we are going to keep it simple. We have three polish children in the class so really wanted to teach the children e.g. jingle bells in polish to sing at the concert to show inclusion. I am having difficulties finding a cd with children's polish songs on, can any one recommend one or recommend any other way of us showing inclusion during the christmas carol concert.

thanks kate

From what I remember most of the Polish songs for Christmas were more carols rather than the popular music style of things..

perhaps ask the parents if they have a children's song they could come and help teach the children, that is what we tended to do.

mamalisa may be useful..

Out of the ark do something for Children Of The World may be worth a look, think there is a polish song in there;

(this did bring back so many memories for me though growing up - we always had the Christmas eve dinner with an even number sat at the table, no meat usually a fish meal and always a poppyseed roll or cake, as well as a Christmas day one, and 6th December was always a day of receiving a gift from St Nicholas..funny how some traditions follow through as we always did these when our son was growing up too..)

Thank inge that website really helps, although it would be good if you could hear how to prounce the words. Yes think i will speak to one of the parents and ask them to come in and help learn a christms song.

thanks you

kate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)