Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Individual Plans

Hi all,

This is probably a daft question to ask but we have been putting together individual plans for all the children to use over the next term. this is going really well and we have been using our obs and progress summeries to build them as well as using thier interests.

Do this activities get put on the planning as next steps or just interests?

any help would be great

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, sorry to have missed your post!

I think they are best put on your plans as next steps, ie Freddy: further experiences for fine motor control, eg beads and tweezers.....

Other members may have entirely different ideas, though!

Other members may have entirely different ideas, though!

Not me! I'd say exactly the same. The only thing I'd add is that depending on the skills and confidence of the practitioners using the plans, you might want to add more detail. Some would happily build on the information suggested by Helen, but others might need more guidance/support.

Not me! I'd say exactly the same. The only thing I'd add is that depending on the skills and confidence of the practitioners using the plans, you might want to add more detail. Some would happily build on the information suggested by Helen, but others might need more guidance/support.

thank you ladies!

i ended up ringing the IA and we decided that we would put in red next steps that we have in our learning journeys and any gaps with extending learning thought the interests of the child in black so that staff could see it was a next step or could be clear whether it was put on theoor to meet an interest and fill a gap.

it makes much more sense now, and staff have taken it on board.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)