Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outside Area Wish List

Hi all,

am very excited as have been told that the governors at school have decided to give me a budget of up to £1000 to revamp my outside area (without me even asking!) I have quite a small space which has in it a sandpit, shed which I use for role play, a water tray a pebble fountain, a slope covered in spongy tarmac so am already fairly well off. I'm not going to grumble however at some money to revamp the area and it is looking pretty tired after it was done about 6 years ago. So my question is this what would be on your wish list for your outside area which would give it the wow factor? or what has been the most successful addition to your outside area? The area is surrounded by quite a high wall on 2 sides which does not have anything on it so I think the way to go would be to attach things to the wall for markmaking. My head is buzzing with ideas!

Deb

Lucky you!!!

I'd go for a height measuring grid on the wall (on a giraffe?), definetly mirrors - different shapes/sizes. Blank hop-scotch, etc. grids which you can fill in with whatever's relative on a daily basis, chalkboards, 'interesting'seating.

Good luck! :o

Guest thinlizzie

Hi Busybeedeb,

what about a small area, maybe 4ft x 4ft of soil to dig in! There are days when some children just need to dig and get messy......... you know, those winter days when nobody (staff) wants to go outside but the children are going stir crazy and need to vent their feelings. Even better if it is raining, put on wellies and anoraks and just set to.

Make sure that the ground is soft enough for them to dig and poke around in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)