Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Girls Out Performing Boys

I am in my third year and really need to get my head around this research project, I was keen on carrying out an action research project on narrowing the attainment gap for boys in the area of writing within CLL, however I have been told that this would not receive ethical approval, So I am thinking of a secondary research on the hypotheses ‘Why do girls outperform boys in the area of writing within CLL, by the end of the foundation stage’ as it is a library based project I need to compare data or research already carried out.

Has anyone able to give advice or and tips on where to go .....

Many thanks.

:o

I was keen on carrying out an action research project on narrowing the attainment gap for boys in the area of writing within CLL, however I have been told that this would not receive ethical approval,

Why was that? I think in reality this is an essential question and one which schools, and LAs I might add, grapple with daily.

Anyway the govts statistics webpages http://www.education.gov.uk/rsgateway/DB/S...index.shtmlwill give you the actual national figures, except they seem to have withdrawn the current national data .......other years may still be accessible in the archive.

Cx

Edited by catma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)