Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reading/writing Workshop

I AM HOLDING A PARENT/CHILD WORKSHOP IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS AROUND DEVELOPING LITERACY SKILLS.

I WILL BE DOING A LITTLE THEORY BUT WANT LOTS OF ACTIVITIES ON OFFER THAT PROMOTE READING AND WRITING SKILLS

I HAVE THOUGHT OF CORNFLOUR, RIBBON DANCING, PAINTING ON FLOOR WITH WATER ETC BUT AM WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU CAN HELP ME WITH SOME FUN AND EXCITING THINGS TO GET THE PARENTS DOING WITH THEIR KIDS

Hi

What about good ol' play dough- fine motor skill development, make shapes of letters in their name,

or use a bread mix and then they get to eat it too!

Do you have anything like Beat Baby, as children who have difficulty with fine and gross motor skills can lack beat awareness, so you can demonstrate with a small group of children the importance of keeping a steady beat.

http://www.lawrenceeducational.co.uk/index...&Itemid=510

'Recent studies have shown a correlation of beat competency to school achievement that exceeds that of either social class or mother's education' (Ros Bailey).

Or simply demonstrate the importance of children engaging in singing, dancing, playing with musical instruments, nursery rhymes etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)