Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

First Proper Day Of New Job And I Am Sick

Hi all,

well this is not good, I was due to start my new job today but have been sick all weekend and feel rotten now..... think it is a stomach flu or something, have completely lost my voice, sickness and ache from head to toe. i sense that work are going to be less than impressed. Hubby had to ring because of the no voice situation. I am going to attempt to get into my dr but i doubt they can do anything..... i think its a case of rest (and stress as i know this does not look good for the new job!). .............. damm, so annoyed....... anyway off to bed to be annoyed there :o

Dawn

Hi Dawn

I must have missed you getting the new job too - belated congratulations.

If it makes you feel any better I overslept on my second day of a new job two years ago (as manager) - guess I was just so tired after working so hard to get things ready for the first day back.

You will make up for it when you are well - there are so many bugs going around at the moment. Meanwhile get better first!

Hope you'll soon be fit and well.

It's just one of things that cant be helped. Its also known as 'sods law'.

Worrying about it wont make you get better any quicker. Why not phone them in a day or two to tell them how sorry you are it had to happen now and have a bit of a maon about the timing.

I worked for two years without one day sick and the second week with the agency I had two weeks off with flu. I was convinced they must have thought I'd lied on the application and i think thats worse than what they are probably really thinking.

Hope you feel better soon :o