Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dissertation Topics

Hi

I am doing a top up degree in early years and im struggling with topics for my dissertation i want to do something aroung communication but unsure what can anyone please help me i dont whether this will be hard to do as im struggling finding current information another idea i had was reading and young children i.e babies upwards but cannot decide . :o

How about looking at talk for writing particularly the storytelling/storymaking aspect of it. You could look at or investiagate the impact that a storymaking approach makes on children's language development or writing development. Look up Pie Corbett and storytelling or storymaking project.

Deb

Hi Charlie

For my dissertation I worked on a project about using signed spoken english to enhance communication and learning with all children including those with hearing impairments - it led to the setting adopting BLS and staff being trained in BSL which we now use with all the children every day to support the delivery of the eyfs with particular attention on using it to support children's phonics acquisition.

Found the book Dancing with Words by Marilyn Daniels a really interesting starting point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)