Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Contrary Mary

We're doing the book in a couple of weeks time and I'd like help with ideas of backwards activities. So far we've thought of emptying the water tray with syringes, sponges, spoons. Having a day wearing our clothes back to front. Starting the session with the end routine and vice versa. Painting with the 'wrong' end of the paint brush and going up the down and down the up on the climbing frame. We already have mixture of activities on the floor and tables. Any other ideas would be appriciated. :D

Separating water-based inks on thick kitchen roll/ blotting paper.

Undoing cereal boxes and remaking them inside out.

Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush, starting with going to nursery and working backwards.

Counting from 10 or 5 to zero

Sounds really good fun - I often feel my life is like that, especially when I put my knickers on back to front and then spend the morning thinking that I must go on a diet and then when I find out cannot change them as it is supposed to be unlucky!!!! - must get the book. What about wax pictures/paint, or getting the children to come in their pyjamas, clean their teeth, then eat loads of sweets and put them to bed to sleep for the whole session (only joking!). Paper imprints on glue/paint mixture on table with children observing the changes of reversal etc. bubble printing, although not backwards just another way of getting paint onto paper. Will probably spend the day pondering on this now as it sounds really good fun.

Nikki

Thanks for the ideas. I thought it would be good to look at behaviour too. I'm thinking of ways of highlighting unwanted behaviour with a view to explaining why the rules are there. If I break the rules they can see the consequences when the other staff explain what I did wrong and why it wasnt safe or right to do it. (well I know what I mean) :o

Socks worn over shoes, walking backwards, writing names back to front, saying names by starting with surname. I'll find the author so you can find the book. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)