Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Style Inspection-self Assessment

Hi all,

In addition to previous post I have researched for some ideas of what inspectors will be looking for with regard to leadership & management.

Please find attached;

*excell self assessment with addition of "tab 5" organisation( taken from page 5 of common inspection framework document)

*word doc of the above

* The common Inspection framework

* Every child matters framework

I have asked ALL my staff to complete the self assessment it has helped them to prepare for Ofsted and has also given me a very useful insight to their individual training needs :o

Hope this all helps and doesn't exacerbate your busy end of term lives. :D

Peggy

OFSTED_SELF_ASSESSMENT.xls

HOW_WELL_IS_THE_ORGANISATION_FOR_CHILDCARE.doc

The_common_inspection_framework_for_inspecting_education_and_training.doc

Every_Child_Matters_framework_for_inspection.doc

Hi Peggy .......... don't you ever have a rest !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have got your e mail, and will study your new docs tomorrow - but for now, I have to get back to working out our projected income for the whole of next year, to substantiate my request to the Committee tomorrow for them to consider a pay rise ..... (it was due for review in April but they seem to have conveniently overlooked that fact!) I haven't even written the minutes yet - and have been working since 6.30 p.m.

Now where was that thread about work overload ????????

I could go on, but I'll only start rambling through sheer exhaustion :o

janice xD

Thanks Peggy.

I hope to do the same as you and give your questionaires to all our staff to complete. I'll be interested to see what they have to say about some of these things! (I like your comment about individual staff training needs! I can imagine it might be quite revealing)

Carolyn

Have got your e mail, and will study your new docs tomorrow - but for now, I have to get back to working out our projected income for the whole of next year, to substantiate my request to the Committee tomorrow for them to consider a pay rise ..... (it was due for review in April but they seem to have conveniently overlooked that fact!) I haven't even written the minutes yet - and have been working since 6.30 p.m.

janice xD

33393[/snapback]

Hi Janice,

Me rest, of course I do, every day at preschool. Who else gets paid to sit in the sun making sandcastles and watching ladybirds all day? ( well, actually I don't get paid being the owner :( )

So if you are working so hard, why are you on here then? Just like me it is a great break between jobs :D

I do most of my work in the evenings ( I don't think I actually wake up until 5pm each day :( )

Good luck with your pay rise claim, and I'm sure your committee do feel you deserve it :(

Peggy

janice xD

33393[/snapback]

Hope you get a rise for the staff !! Stand firm!!I am sure they do not realize how hard you all work and especially you as leader.!