Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resources You Couldn't Live Without!

Hi Everyone,

I have been given some money to spend on my outside area and was just wondering what your favourite resource was?

We have the usual construction, sand, water, easels and I am after some new inspiration.

Hope to hear from you all soon

Thanks

Rachel :o

Spades! But make sure they aren't the ones where the foot bit (I'm sure there is a technical name) can be pushed up the handle. We use these for the digging pit and the children love them with the wellies we provide. We dig down and hide some treasure in the pit and wait for the children to find it!

Other things, hard hats, waterproof trousers and coats, bulbs for spring, gross motor equipment and seating too!

Happy shopping!

My most treasured resource is my staff, with them anythings possible. xD

But now to equipment. :o Fabric, pegs, spades, weaving frames. Also love the frames recently delivered from the Sainsburys voucher scheme they make great chutes witth pipes, guttering etc.

Have fun on whatever you decide. :(

I would say waterproof clothing as this is definately something that will be used - it has been on our list for 2 years now but we always come to buy them when we have already spent some of the money so haven't got enough left! DEFINATELY getting them this time around! I also think things like digging equipment, yard-brushes, den-making equipment are a good choices as these are experiences that the children cannot do inside.

Personally, I would steer away from the more pretty looking outdoor resources - for example, we have a lovely looking outdoor drum set which the children use for about the first week then the novelty wears off and there are only so many things that you can suggest making a sound on them with and then they usually take them off to make sounds on something else!! The children much prefer a string with different everyday items on and a wooden spoon!

Good Luck - enjoy spending xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)