Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Angelica Sprocketts Pockets

I am going to make a jacket with lots of pockets of my own to go with this lovely story ( have to find a nice jacket that I can add lots of pockets to first!).........but, it set me thinking, what would YOU put in a pocket to interest/excite/delight the children??? :o

One of the very best things I ever bought was a tiny clockwork penguin from pastimes, barely the size of my little finger and costing 99p! Without exception ALL the children were enthralled by it and 18 months on it is still in working order and very popular :o

I took a few ideas from a book the other day that would work for this.....a dog collor, spray paint hard boiled eggs gold, mushrooms (from a fairy) I really would like to peg a gaint pair of pants from our outdoor washing line to see what the children make of it? (perhaps I've just lost the plot) and old photo or post card, some feathers, old keys.

one shell.. one you can hear the sea in.. our children loved this one...

reminded me that we had one we used as a turn taking aid when chatting.. whoever had the shell was the person to listen to... and they all had to be shhh so they could hear the sea when they had a turn..

Don't know why I listen to you Narnia, have now got long velvet coat with 17 pockets ready to fill with the items in this wonderful story!!!! You know how I just run with ideas. Seriously, this is a great story to tell with props, almost beats my Mrs Honeys Hat. Has anyone got anymore stories which can be 'worn', my sewing machine and I would love to hear them. xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)