Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Psrn- Working Out The Overall Score

Please can anyone clarify this for me.

How do you decide on the overall level for PSRN when there are 3 strands- does one have more weighting than the other? say a child is F5 for NCL, F7 for C and F8 for SSM, what would there overall FSP score be for PSRN?

Thanks for any replies.

sorry can't answer that one, I have always kept the scores seperate in the 13 sections and havn't merged them together and wouldn't know how to. My head and the county and recent ofsted inspector asked for data for each of the broken down areas so I cannot see the need to group them together.

Deb

It would be the total out of 27 (3x9). you'd be after a 6+ in all strands though as a secure outcome in the area of learning. They are all separate strands and all have the same importance.

Cx

Edited by catma

My head asks for overall scores for PSRN, CLL and PSED. She will only accept the minimum score they have for a particular area of learning e.g. for PSRN if a child scored 4 in SSM, 3 in C and 6 in NLC their overall score would be 3 because of the C score.

I'm not sure if there are rules for this anywhere, sorry.

All I can say is she's doing it wrong then. each scale point is independent of the others irrespective of the subject links for reporting purposes. In the scenario you describe the child would have a total of 13/27 for PSRN.

Cxhttp://eyfs.info/forums/index.php?showforum=18

Edited by catma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)