Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Update

Hi again, some of you may remember that I have been unhappy in my current job for quite some time, not with the company but with the "bosses". About a month ago I was moved to one of our sister nurseries when the manager there left as they "nedd a strong manager"; I don't believe for one minute that this was the case I believe it was done to pee me off and to put a less strong manager in my place in the nursery I moved from, which they have, however I have risen tot he challenge and will get the new nursery sorted.

However, something happened with a colleague of mine and a few other things coupled with everything else that has happened so we decided to formally complain to HR. Upshot of it is we learned that over 20 people have complained to HR about this woman and that she would be spoken to this week; I found out this morning that she has walked, I suspect before she was pushed!! You cannot imagine how pleased I/we are (good news does indeed travel very fast!!!)

There is an area managers position advertised with the company I work for and although I was very very tempted I couldn't bring myself to apply whilst she was still in charge, however now I can and have!!!! The closing date is galloping towards us so hopefully I will get an interview so fingers crossed for me please!

This news has come on the back of me receiving notice to quit my rented house after living in it for 5 years, hopefully I have found somewhere else to live but could do with the extra salary an area manager's position will bring

Been a bitter sweet week really, but cakes are a must for the staff on Monday I think!!!!

Thanks for your words of support and kindness in the past; joining this forum is the best £20 I've ever spent!!!

Glad things sorted themselves out. My boss handed her resignation in while I was looking for somewhere new, it was such a relief that she was going and I could stay and do all the things I'd dreamed of.

Good luck with the job :o