Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Profile Whole Class Tracking

Hello! I hope someone can help - Google can't find what I am looking for!

I'm looking for an excel workbook where I can have a sheet for each section of the EYFSP with the ELGs on the top row and a column on the left with the names of the children in my class. We are in the middle of changing systems at school and I want to have a whole class overview of my class so I can track progress this term and plan next steps. I have found word ones but want an excel one so I can sort the data.

Does anyone have one? I have started to create one but am getting achy fingers from cut & paste of the ELGs into excel!!!

OK, here it is. I like playing with Excel so have gone a bit over the top with formulas etc. The first sheet is a summary of the totals from the others and will automatically pull these through. The conditional formatting on this sheet will highlight children according to whether they're getting 3 points or less, 6 or more and 8 or more. I've put some figures in to the PSED sheet as an example.

On each of the area sheets I put a 1 in a box when a child has that point that way you get a total.

It's currently set up for 30 which means you can't get all the children/totals on to one page (I usually only have up to 20 children) so it's not an issue for me! You can obviously delete rows really easilybut you would need to re-do the formulas in the percentage at 6+ and 8+ rows and occasionally may need to drag the totals down again.

Equally obviously you can just ignore the summary sheet - it is a bit much I know, I think my headteacher laughs at me! I was probably procrastinating about writing reports when I set it up. :o

I hope that makes sense.

HD

EYFSP_ticklist___blank.xls

Oh Helen - you have answered my prayers - it's perfect!

Thanks you sooooo much for this - it's just what I was looking for and as for the formulas - you are a woman after my own heart!!! I do love my data analysis and have been feeling a bit redundent since our last system did it all for us. I feel a few hours playing with data coming along!

Thank you sooo much once again!

Oh Helen - you have answered my prayers - it's perfect!

Thanks you sooooo much for this - it's just what I was looking for and as for the formulas - you are a woman after my own heart!!! I do love my data analysis and have been feeling a bit redundent since our last system did it all for us. I feel a few hours playing with data coming along!

Thank you sooo much once again!

You're very welcome, glad it's what you needed. I set the original version (without any formulas) up about 8 years ago just because I wanted to get a whole class overview and it took ages to get all the ELGs in there but the amount I've used it since has made it well worth it.

Do you not use the eprofile? (free download) once you have inputted the data on the children, the eprofile generates all kinds of data analysis charts for you instantly including what you are looking for.

Deb

Do you not use the eprofile? (free download) once you have inputted the data on the children, the eprofile generates all kinds of data analysis charts for you instantly including what you are looking for.

Deb

Apart from one I've never been in a school which used it and when I was there I used that instead. To be honest The worksheet started out just as an easy way of creating a table that I shaded in (by hand) throughout the year to give me an overview of the class. The adaptations are relatively recent and mainly because I like playing - sad I know!

Deb

No - we have a LA wide information management system which we all have to use but they are in the process in changing it from one to another - we can do our registers but there is nothing else on it yet! Grrr! The last time I used the eprofile was in 2002/3 and remember that it made my laptop unstable afterwards! The LA I was in at the time wanted a common format so we used excel as all schools had access to it and so stopped using it.

Helen - I know what you mean about playing! Have started colour coding & data sorting already - happy days!

No - we have a LA wide information management system which we all have to use but they are in the process in changing it from one to another - we can do our registers but there is nothing else on it yet! Grrr! The last time I used the eprofile was in 2002/3 and remember that it made my laptop unstable afterwards! The LA I was in at the time wanted a common format so we used excel as all schools had access to it and so stopped using it.

In my area (gloucestershire)all schools use the eprofile as do our neighbouring boroughs so I kind of assumed that it was country wide. I have to say that i love the eprofile and have never had any issues with it with my laptop. There are so many data analysis graphs and tables on there and you can pretty much pull up what you need to see in any form so for example if you want a list of children who are yet to achieve a certain point or if you want to work out if there are patterns emerging it will do it for you. You can now also tag the children with groups so that if you have free school meal children or sen children then you can see their progress in isolation (something which was very useful to pull up in my recent ofsted when they asked about the progress of FSM children)

Deb

I've actually no idea what my authority's take on the e-profile is. Certainly sounds like it's become a lot more flexible and useful since I first encountered it. I might explore the possibility of using it in school - I'm sure I can find other things to play with on spreadsheets! :o

The other thing it does in the latest version is allow Year 1 teachers to continue to track children on the profile. It also pulls up any discrepencies with cross referenced points on the profile.

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)