Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

People Who Help Us

Can anyone remember the site that was posted on here a while ago where you can print a variety of good photos. I thought that I had saved it in my favourites but havent !!

I am wanting to print fireman, police, nurse and so on. I did a search on google for firemen and well was rather shocked at what came up !!!!!! not for 3 year old eyes !

Many thanks

Jackie

Jackie,

Thanks for that - will get on to it straightaway!!!!!!!!!! only joking!!!! - I remember calling up wet nurses for research into childhood through the ages - well that was certainly very interesting as you can imagine but thanks for the freefot site Inge

Nikki

Hi there, I'm new...

Just spotted this and looked as we did this topic last half term!

We took pictures of the children dressed up and also on visits to the fire station and with visits to us from a postman and our local police officers. We made a book using the photos to use next time we do this topic.

The children have really enjoyed looking through it and remembering what they did.

Well.. ! I am called Tracey not pandamonium OBVIOUSLY! I am supervisor of a preschool and also a registered childminder along with my husband so I have dual interest in child-related issues!

Although I qualified with NNEB in 1986, I mainly worked as a nanny until retraining as an NVQ assessor in 1995, after my first baby. Then I went to Uni to do BA in Education and Community Studies with Linguistics. Unfortuantely I never finished it due to my Nan dying and me falling apart for a while but I don't actually regret it as what I'm doing now is so great!

We moved from Ilford to a small town in Cambs in 2002 and I registered as a CM while pregnant. In the meantime our daughter made friends with a girl whose mum ran the preschool and we became friends. As it turned out we trained at the same college in London! When she took another job I applied for her supervisor's job. We had already decided that my husband would give up his job to childmind with me so he still did that and now he is the main CM while I am at preschool! PHEW!

Happy to answer any personal questions and look forward to making some friends and learning stuff!

I had to update my NNEB when I took this job and am having to learn on the job about ELGs etc as although I knew about them I haven't had to use them!

Wow! Sounds like you have apretty full life, Tracey! You have certainly come to the right place for fantastic support and tons of useful information. Keep posting! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)