Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fundraising - Cookery Book

Guest terrydoo73

Guest terrydoo73

Our Parents Group has come up with the idea of publishing a cookery book to raise much needed funds for the Playgroup. Has anyone out there ever done this? I do not know the first thing about costs in terms of getting it professionally printed or should we go down the road of in house publishing using say a laser printer? What could we include within it to make it more personal to the Playgroup ie should we include little pictures the children have produced?

Hi,

We made one some years ago. We asked staff and parents to provide recipes and got the children to draw pictures for the front, back and different sections such as soups, desserts.

I think it was printed and bound by a committee member though.

We (staff) also added our best recipes that we used with the children such as egg-free/dairy free cakes and playdough!

Rachel

thought I was going more forgetful than usual...............

knew I had replied to this yesterday and my post had vanished...

actually think this is a double post.. found the other one with my reply

so not as forgetful as I thought.. (not what my husband says though!)

we did this last year but didn't get it properly printed, just did it ourselves and spiral bound it. We asked parents and staff for their favourite recipes and included them in the book and sold it for £3. It was very popular and because we made it ourselves almost all the money went straight into school fund and I think this made people more likely to buy it, knowing their money was being used for something that would benefit the kids x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)