Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eco Friendly Fundraising Idea

I just got an email from our recycling scheme about an initiative by the people at Ella's Kitchen to recycle their snack pouches and other packaging once children have eaten the contents.

You can send back the pouches to them free of charge and they'll donate 2p per pouch to your setting. You can find the website here but turn the sound off. If you're on the page for any length of time you might find the buzzing bee a bit irritating!

Well that's an interesting point of view lolo. Leaving aside the judgement call you are making about the benefits of cooking from fresh for your children or using pre-prepared baby foods, I'm not sure I would be encouraged to stop cooking for my children and start to use this product instead because of this recycling scheme. However I would feel reassured that the babyfood manufacturer I had chosen to use was doing its bit to recycle packaging. And if I could raise a few pennies for my child's school or early years setting, I'd consider that as a bonus.

We all have these decisions to make in the context of our experiences, personal beliefs and our own circumstances, don't we? :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)