Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Form Ey3

Can anyone tell me when an EY3 needs to be completed. My deputy, who is acting leader at present, says we need to complete one. Our Chair (yes she prefers to be a chair rather than a chairman) sent a query to OFSTED but their response was to copy and paste the piece from their website that she was asking for clarification on! Helpful.

Situation is that I am off sick again, there is an acting leader and a team of 2 acting deputies. A member of staff has been taken on on a tempory contract to cover my absence.

We have also made a slight change to opening hours adding a lunch club one day a week.

So do we need to do an EY3?

Hi

EY3 form is when there is a change ie if change to committee you have to detail all those leavingand then add the details of all those coming onto the committee. Normally completed by the chair and sent to OFSTED. Then all the new committee members complete the EY2 form and send to OFSTED. Can also be used if there is a change to the manager.

I would call OFSTED about your situation. They will be able to tell you what to do.

Marley is quite correct with regard to committee memebers. I think the confusion in this case is because the EY3 must also be completed for any changes to the manager in day to day charge of the setting. I guess the issue here is whether Ofsted would view the orriginal posters absence and the deputy taking charge in her absence as a change to the manager. Here I agree with Marley that the easiest thing to do would be to call Ofsted and ask exactly that question.