Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Freeview Box

Rea

Can you help with this?

My son wants a freeview box in his room now our area has switched to digital, but I've looked on Amazon and been completely bamboozled by the choice and the reviews.

If you've got one, what make is it, does it work, is it easy to install, has it got a fair few channels and was it under £50? xD

Bamboozled is a proper word, no squiggly red line underneath like there is when I type freeview. I just thought it was strange and I should share :o

is there an aerial into his room.. may effect if a freeview box will work adequately... or you may need an indoor digital aerial depending on the signal you get.. these don't always work either...

Try Asda or Tesco.. at about £20 - 25 - channels available depends on max available on the box and where you live and the signal you can get...these had max of 50 channels I think which was more than enough... (We returned it as it did not work for us)

we cannot get freeview well at all.. not even on the main TV.. our signal is so poor we get about 5 channels if we are lucky...( but that is one more than before digital..) but our picture is not always guaranteed on those 5 - often very pixilated... we ended up having freesat put in for the 'extra TVs' in the house although we so have sky on the main TV.