Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Handheld Pocket Pc And Assessment

:o I was on a course this week and saw a demonstration of a handheld pocket PC to link in with our Foundation Stage Target Tracker. You keep it clipped to your belt and use it as you go. You click on an assessment point and then either write in a comment about a child, take a photo or record a comment. It automatically links it to the Target Tracker assessment sheet. Then you can download it all onto the laptop and voila - it's all done - evidence linked directly in with the assessments. It cuts out the constant transfer of data and information from post it notes, proformas and digital cameras! Now is that clever or what??? I wondered whether anyone out there is using this and if so what handheld pc they use and how user friendly is it, because we as a school are planning to get one.

I live in Essex so maybe it's unique to us at the moment.

xD heyjude

I would be really interested in this too - on top of the paperwork and ICT skills being used for record keeping - now that would go down well with OFSTED!!!

D xxx

Hi there, The handheld PC is linked with Target Tracker for FS, software we have used for 2 years in Essex. I'll try and get hold of more info to pass on, but maybe it's just an Essex thing (and not just dancing round handbags, white stilettos and fluffy dice!).

The cost of the actual handheld pc is around £260 and the software/site licence £250 (can be bought through ELC) but you also need to have Target Tracker as well - more expense.

heyjude

• 1 month later...

Hi here, I'm back after a virus attacked my computer!!! I've recently got the pocket PC and am going on a course tomorrow. It is fantastic! Everything you need for evidence at the touch of a button! But it costs so it really isn't a cheap option at all. There is a website: http://e-tracker.org and that gives details about Target Tracker, which incidentally creates reports at the flick of a switch! Have a look and see what you think. :o heyjude

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)