Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Full Time Nursery

i know this topic has been partially looked at before, but does anyone have any good suggestions about the daily routine for full time nursery, I looked at a school yesterday that had a double unit nursery where the children all attend full time, this seems quite unusual to me, and it must be quite hard at the beginning of the year, just wondering how the routine is different from a part time nursery setting.

Would welcome your ideas....

daily schedule attached. I had a 39 place full time nursery class in a primary school. 3 adults (1:13) plus an additional LSA at dinner time to give us an hour of in rotation. This worked for our setting which was a big double class space and a garden. 2 were inside and 1 outside and were resonsible for learning areas.

As you always had some going over to reception ,some staying and some starting it isn't any different to part time nursery really. We 2 points of entry, sept/jan. The induction policy was pretty standard - children did upto 11.30 for the first few days and then on to 1pm, 2 pm and then full days. This was dependent on their settling but as many had been looked after all day elsewhere it often wasn't a problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)