Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Autumn Term Planning

Hello!

I am starting to get back into school mode now and have been thinking about planning for terms 1 and 2. I was wondering how much planning people do for the first few weeks back? I teach reception and was thinking it will be hard to plan for the children's learning when I will need a few weeks to get to know them.

I can use their transfer forms as a basis but not sure what my medium/long term plans are supposed to look like!

What are other reception class teachers doing?

Thank you!

Claire

:o

I plan on a daily basis for the first few weeks. Planning opportunities to gather baseline data information. I also spend a lot of time modelling how to use the area and then observing for baseline data too. The only things are really plan are carpet sessions, which tend to focus on Letters and sounds phase one and PSED to start with.

I plan on a daily basis for the first few weeks. Planning opportunities to gather baseline data information. I also spend a lot of time modelling how to use the area and then observing for baseline data too. The only things are really plan are carpet sessions, which tend to focus on Letters and sounds phase one and PSED to start with.

I really agree with this. Allow yourself time to get to know your children, to introduce and model the use of different areas and expectations and then for the children to have plenty of time to explore and play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)