Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Name For The 'book Corner'

I was thinking of re-naming some of the areas in the classroom as last year they struggled with the workshop area. I went to a nursery for a course and they had asked the children to name the areas which i thought was a nice idea as it made them personal and child friendly. The only downside is they have to be re-named every year as they are indiviual to that set of children.

What about naming it after a favourite book character, e.g. Gruffallo corner. You could decorate the area with that character too, e.g. a life sized pic of the gruffallo sitting on a cushion reading and you could maybe change the book that he has in his hands each week to your focus book by photocopying and laminating the front cover and velcroing it to the wall so it looks like he's holding it... Ok I think I'm getting a bit carried away now! Haha I'm just jealous coz I've got year 3 next year so won't be having a book corner... well I might sneek a little one in somewhere :o

What about naming it after a favourite book character, e.g. Gruffallo corner. You could decorate the area with that character too, e.g. a life sized pic of the gruffallo sitting on a cushion reading and you could maybe change the book that he has in his hands each week to your focus book by photocopying and laminating the front cover and velcroing it to the wall so it looks like he's holding it... Ok I think I'm getting a bit carried away now! Haha I'm just jealous coz I've got year 3 next year so won't be having a book corner... well I might sneek a little one in somewhere :o

Another lovely idea - thank you missblinx!

I went on a course ages ago where they talked about 'A place to...' rather than naming the area. So 'A Place to Build', 'A Place to Paint' and I guess 'A Place for Stories'? or 'A Place to Read' or 'A Place to Be Quiet'? I like the idea, but as so many areas double up as lots of things, I'm not sure it would work everywhere.

Beehive

I love Book Nook great letters and sounds

Thanks Suer - yes that's what I've decided to go with.

P.S. Yes, I would just LOVE to work with someone like him - who is he?!

He would be so great in the forest..........trouble is i think the children might get in the way

we have just booked another years worth of forest trips, getting quite excited now

How are you? lunch soon?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)