Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Critical Thinking

Hello there,

Has anyone got any info on critical thinking/thunks? aparently this is the new topic that inspectors are talking about??

Is this specifically about Forest School, gem1? If not, let me know what kind of setting you're in and I'll move your topic into a different Forum area for you.

If it is, there are several members who have done Forest Schools leadership training who will be able to offer advice.

Welcome aboard!

Oh sorry no it isn't!! I'm new to this and it was hard enough trying to get this post on! I am a manager of a Nursery that is part of a private school and 'critical thinking' or 'thunks' were mentioned during inspections and I wondered if anyone had any links/info?

Thanks Happy Maz.

Hello there,

Has anyone got any info on critical thinking/? aparently this is the new topic that inspectors are talking about??

I await replies with interest!!

I have just done a google search and found ... ...

A Thunk is a beguilingly simple-looking question about everyday things that stops you in your tracks and helps you start to look at the world in a whole new light.

So that's a 'thunk'! (the 'idea' originated in America - now there's a surprise!!)

Now, I will be very interested in learning how this can be used in early years. Everything I have found seems to be aimed at KS2 or 3!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)