Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Supply Teaching In Cheshire

Not really sure where to put this, but I'm looking for good supply teaching agencies to sign up with in Cheshire and was wondering if anyone could recommend any. I have no experience of the area so have no idea which are the best to go with.

As for why I'm on supply again after years actually teaching my own class, that's a long and rather bittersweet story which I won't go into right now. Any help would be appreciated though!

Thanks myhenroxanne, I've sent you a pm.

Have you thought of contacting the Education Office in your area of Cheshire to see if they have their own supply list? I know some authorities do, and schools find them cheaper than the independent companies.

I've checked their website and they don't seem to mention one there, which the two councils in my current area do, so I'm assuming Cheshire council doesn't have one. That aside I'm not particularly sure I have ever found them better than an independent company. In two previous years on supply I worked 14 days total through the council supply service and many many more through independent companies. The only advantage to the council one was that it paid more per day and they contributed to my pension, but these benefits were not really all they seem when you take into account that they never seemed to send any work my way!

I worked for Hays Education when I did supply in Greater Manchester and I'm pretty sure they are countrywide but I worked at a few schools near Manchester airport and in stockport so that' Cheshire isn't it? They were really good. I had plenty of work with them and could easily have worked 5 days a week most of the year. They set up interviews for you and send you on training regularly and the staff are all lovely. After speaking to people who have worked for other supply agencies I'd definitely recommend Hays over any other :o

Why dont you spend a few days going round the schools in September and introducing yourself?

Good luck with the search and big hugs, if they are needed!

Thank you Sue, could definitely do with some hugs after the year I've had! My consolation is that I got excellent results, the children were happy and the parents were very sorry to see me leave. That really boosted me back up after being made to feel terrible for the majority of the year.

Thanks missblinx for the recommendation. I'll have a look into them and see if they cover the areas I want. They do sound very good!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)