Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Beat Baby

Has all,

We have recently purchased a Beat Baby and a couple of books for our Reception class and I was just wondering if any of you have used them before. Does anyone have any advice or top tips for their use?

We haven't used them before so any help given would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ffydd

I loved Beat Baby.. I used it when I was on placement and the children responded really well to it. We used it in circle time to sing songs and it helps children 'keep the beat'. My daughter also had one at her nursery which they would send home and we would write a story of what beat baby got up to. I think it also really lends itself to doing pshe ( feeling scared etc.)

H x

We have one called Purple Murtle and we use her to indroduce all sorts of things eg sounds, shapes, topics etc. She lives in a Christmas box and comes out when we sing her song. She has a more extensive wardrobe than myself! eg hats, winter clothes. She has been skiing and to the Dominican Republic, her adventures being made into books for the children. She hasn't as yet been home with the children as she is so busy in nursery!

I use it for circle time keeping to a beat - for phonic time and sharing a story.

The children take turns to take her/him home - activities include describe their family and friends. I also send a book with him/her and parents write in comments of their day and the children will draw a picture.

When baby comes back the child eventually stands up in front of the group and talks about their adventure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)