Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Progression In Planning, Provision And Routines

Hi Everyone

I am trying to document a term by term breakdown of how planning, provision and routines alter as the year progresses in a Nursery class.

I think we would all agree, that walking into any setting in September and again in June/July would look and feel very different. Getting it down on paper is challenging.

Does anyone have any experience of writing such a forecast, or any ideas where I might look for support?

Experienced EY's people may have done something similar???

I will of course share a completed document.

Thanks

Hi. not sure if it's what you mean but on ABC Does there is an environment audit which you fill in as the year goes on to show progression and changes and there is room to explain why.

I am going to use this as I am starting as a manager of a nursery in September and we are planning on making big changes!

The website is www.abcdoes.typepad.com

Hope this helps!

Can I ask why you want to do this, Moorgate?

Hi Maz

Sure you can.

I think that to show progression in planning reflects that we are moving children on, or consolidating what they have been learning. Progression in provision shows that as practitioners, we are responsive to their needs and interests, and as for routines we can demonstrate a growing acknowledgement that the children are growing in maturity.

For example it may not be appropriate to take children to KS1 assemblies in September, but in July it may be.

Why do you ask Maz??

What are your feelings?

Hi. not sure if it's what you mean but on ABC Does there is an environment audit which you fill in as the year goes on to show progression and changes and there is room to explain why.

I am going to use this as I am starting as a manager of a nursery in September and we are planning on making big changes!

The website is www.abcdoes.typepad.com

Hope this helps!

Hi

Thank you, I have looked at Alistairs web site. I think he is fab.

I couldnt agree more that the look and feel will change as the children change and develop but i dont think that you can chart this prior to it happening as they all change at different rate different times and so on

you can allow for example longer welcome /circle time in June as to September but this is so dependant on the children. and you as a practitioner would allow for this why do you need to document it?

Edited by Suer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)