Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reports In Reception

I am about to begin writing the end of year reports for my reception class. As this is the first time of writing reports I was hoping that some kind people would share their formats for reports!!!

Please help

thanks

kelly

Hi Kelly

We used a report writing program for the first time last year (called Report-Assist) which is quite good although I found the reports sounded a bit stilted and adapted mine. Previously we devised our own and had a section for each area of development plus a section for "general comments" and another for "targets for future development". We don't write loads about 5 lines of text per section. I can attach a copy if you want

Angela

What about using the reports that are produced by the eprofile, and then all you have to do is write a general comment at the end - a few lines. That's what I'm doing.

Oh, and just to explain the ticks.........we have use the same system as the scales booket, and update with different coloured ticks each term. We felt that this system worked for us................we write observations on the children but keep these in their own profiles and then dont have to repeat ourselves by using the scales booklet. Our borough wasnt doing the eprofile last year and we felt that it was so much easier to do a report on the computer, that we came up with this.

We have different reports depending on the age group and what we are legally bound to report........for end of foundation stage we must report back on the statements in the profile, for other year groups it is different. Nursery have their own format, as do Key Stage One.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)