Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Engaging Staff

This may seem like a really weird thing to do but stay with me on it - it works!

We all have staff who don't want to put any extra effort in or develop their knowledge (which really annoys me!) so I have started sticking snippets of information on the wall opposite the toilet (a captive audience!) to make them think about their practice.

An example is

Dressed in a knight's outfit he can only be a knight. However with a tea cosy on his head and stick in hand he can be a knight now and a fireman later-or anything he pleases.

Even the most disinterested have to read them and have even commented that they are a good idea.

It has also been suggested to me to put prompts for sustained shared thinking on the ceiling. For example you can pretend to think and look up and then say "I wonder what....?

Really strange I know but it does work

Hey Rachel

Some fab ideas, ones I will defintely be trying, I particularly love the sustained shared thinking one. Beats listening to my own voice! This will be a useful tool, on top of watching a DVD that I have planned for our staff development day, and we all need 'aide memoirs' - I know I do!

Thanks for the suggestions - any more tucked up your sleeve by any chance? I look forward to reading your further posts. Welcome to the forum!

This may seem like a really weird thing to do but stay with me on it - it works!

We all have staff who don't want to put any extra effort in or develop their knowledge (which really annoys me!) so I have started sticking snippets of information on the wall opposite the toilet (a captive audience!) to make them think about their practice.

An example is

Dressed in a knight's outfit he can only be a knight. However with a tea cosy on his head and stick in hand he can be a knight now and a fireman later-or anything he pleases.

Even the most disinterested have to read them and have even commented that they are a good idea.

It has also been suggested to me to put prompts for sustained shared thinking on the ceiling. For example you can pretend to think and look up and then say "I wonder what....?

Really strange I know but it does work

What a great idea! "I wonder what ..."

... sorts of things you wonder about and what you write!! :oxD

Jenny moseley does something called golden moments in the toilets of schools!...well lets face it it is the only time that anyone gets to sit down (apologies to the gentlemen out there) we have done something similar with inspiring sayings and peoms on the wall...also some very silly stuff just to make you laugh on one of those off days :o i like the ceiling idea but too much time on FSF has made me visually challenged too xD

god what great ideas, I often, think about encouraging my staff and these are excellent ways, thank you so much and made me laugh and having to explain myself to my parter, who things I am up to no good lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)