Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Self Assessment Proformas

Hi!

Being a new member, I have at last plucked up courage to put a message on this great site!!!

Here I go -

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction? I am looking for a simple self- assessment format that the children can colour in themselves as they learn to read their keywords. Brick walls are so boring and flowers are not quite the thing for some of our little boys!! I teach Reception 2 days a week, and have one day a week non-contact as SENCo, so this would be really useful for some of our children with SEN too. (Given up working 5 days a week and got a life!!!)

Would be grateful for any ideas or sites I can download from.

Waiting in hope

Jackie Wing

Hi Jackie,

I'm delighted you've made your first post; congratulations! I don't have any forms myself as I don't work in reception.

Hope other members can help you here.....thanks for your comments about the site, and I hope this is the first of many posts!

Jackiewing, I also gave up working full time about 3 years ago -and got a life. Wouldnt have it any other way now (unless I had to of course). Ihave used tebby bears in the past and also snakes. Both are hand done though and I dont have a scanner. Really anything that can be divided into parts would be good enough- go with thier interests -eg dinosaurs and then get drawing........ (no I cant draw either, my partner is the artist)

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jackie,

I find caterpillars are good for recording achievement as you can add as many circle segments as you like and they are easy to draw. Items can be stuck over words known e.g.apple, leaf as not all children find colouring rewarding. There are post it notes available in the shape of speech bubbles and these can be added above the head to reward or note words currently being focused on.

Trains with carriages also work well as word cards fit into the shapes and a 3D train can be made to store laminated words etc.

Happy recording!

Gill

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)