Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observations

Each year I teach 26, 3/4 year olds who will just remain in nursery for one year. Myself and the NA continually record chn's work, take photo's ect and complete chn's journey books. When we look back over each past year's work rather than simplifying things we seem to give ourselves more work and additional record sheets-which just seem to double up or triplicatethe same info. Has anyone tried using a sheet for each of the six ares of the curric. broken down into very simple measurable tasks linked to early learning goals that we can tick off for each child as we gain :o this info from our observations. I feel this would help us see better the areas we have neglected in our observations. I would welcome any help with setting this up! Have tried previously but always felt the result wasn't detailed enough. Just one of the many jobs I have planned for the hols.Please HELP!

Hello, and welcome to the forum :o Thanks for making your first post.

I'm not sure how close the Northern Ireland curriculum is to the EYFS: I know the areas of learning are pretty much the same, but other than that I'm afraid I'm out of my depth!

We have a program here on the FSF called PRAMS (Progress Recording and Monitoring System) which you can find out about from the nav bar (on the left here) You'll find an overview video and also some of our newest video additions which explain some aspects of the program in bite-sized chunks. I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing that will help?

Hello, and welcome to the forum :o Thanks for making your first post.

I'm not sure how close the Northern Ireland curriculum is to the EYFS: I know the areas of learning are pretty much the same, but other than that I'm afraid I'm out of my depth!

We have a program here on the FSF called PRAMS (Progress Recording and Monitoring System) which you can find out about from the nav bar (on the left here) You'll find an overview video and also some of our newest video additions which explain some aspects of the program in bite-sized chunks. I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing that will help?

[/Helen

Thanks for replying so promptly. I had never heard about PRAMS until I joining fsf. I think that system is not for N Ire we're still very much into written records that why I thought a grid showing a bank of statements would show the areas of progress as well as areas stil lto be observed- -backed up by numerous observations as my evidence]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)