Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Risk Assessments

Hi all, have recently been through my suitability interview of which i passed and am now suitable. There was a question about risk assessments. We do a daily and yearly one but she said that if she was doing an inspection she wuld expect to see one for local outings such as our library and infant school visit, does anyone do these and what or how do you do them. any help greatly appreciated.

:o

I hope we all do them!!!

Basically for every place you go to, you need a way of recording what the risks are, what control measures you will put in place, and whether the risk is then low/ medium/ high.

Other things you could put on are the benefits of the trip and a box for review.

I believe you need to sign and date it too.

Everyone will have a differently designed proforma. I was thinking it would be nice to have the info in text boxes, with a photo of the place, just to look more inspiring.

found this today on how the government is making it easier for schools to take pupils on trips, removing

paperwork and taking steps to reduce teachers’ fears of legal action.

aimed at schools but think it worth a read... did note the no need to risk assess everything and importantly , a "risk assessment is certainly not needed every time a school takes pupils to a local venue such as

a swimming pool, parks or museums"

so print it off and explain why you don't have everything risk assessed.. common sense is coming back!

HEALTH & SAFETY

DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION ADVICE ON LEGAL DUTIES AND POWERS FOR

LOCAL AUTHORITIES, HEAD TEACHERS, STAFF

AND GOVERNING BODIES

Edited by Inge

The EYFS requirement is not for every time, but for every type of outing (e.g. park, shops, library, farm etc). Then a review box so that if something doesn't work or changes, you have a record.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)