Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journals-what Do You Do With Them In July?

Hi,

What do people do with the children's learning journals at the end of this term? The Year 1 teacher at my school asks for the profile assessment scores and is happy to meet with me to discuss the children's progress in detail, but does not necessarily want the journals that contain all the photographs and evidence. Do people give them to parents, pass them on to the Year 1 teachers or just 'keep them safe' with copies of reports and other information? I'd be interested to know what people do. Is there a recommendation from Early Years advisors?

Mine go to the Year2/1 teacher, and I keep the ones for the year 1s in my class. some of my children will still be using the profile in yr 1 so I keep them for that evidence.

Nursery LJ's go to reception teacher who once she feels she knows the children a little then gives them to the parents.

Not sure what happens to our reception ones. . . . I presume they go to Yr 1 but not sure if they are then kept!! Will have to check that out!

Hi,

What do people do with the children's learning journals at the end of this term? The Year 1 teacher at my school asks for the profile assessment scores and is happy to meet with me to discuss the children's progress in detail, but does not necessarily want the journals that contain all the photographs and evidence. Do people give them to parents, pass them on to the Year 1 teachers or just 'keep them safe' with copies of reports and other information? I'd be interested to know what people do. Is there a recommendation from Early Years advisors?

We kept ours for evidence for Ofsted but they werent interested!

Although they are lovely to look at, as the year 1 teacher there just isnt time and the analysis has been done and scores reported and that at the end of the day is what I need to know and work from so if your teacher does not want the journals then send them home.

Guest heleng

Previously I have sent them home with reports as the year 1 teacher was only interested in the profile scores. This Sept there will be two year one classes with two new teachers and they both want the learning journeys so they can continue them until christmas, then they will go home.

Mine go home with the children at the end of term for the parents to look at over the summer and then in september the year one teacher asks them to bring them back into school as she carry's on using them in autum 1 as the children start with EYFS and slowly transfere into NC during the autum term.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)