Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Needed Ta3 Interview

hi,

I currently work in a surestart nursery.I have been invited to a school on Tuesday for an interview for a TA Level 3.I have got to first do an observation with next steps but then I have to do an activity of my choice.Initially I thought bearhunt story get the children to act it out but then I guess this has been done so many times. I then thought maybe playdough provide them with some get them to use their own ideas and what they wanted to make anyone any other ideas???by the way for nursery/reception

Edited by eclmmcca

Junk modelling is a great activity for children to make their own creations, showing lots of skills, language, physical, design, linking with others,

Not sure if you know how many children you are doing the activity with?

You will need to have a large sack full of packaging of differing kinds, sellotape, scissors, masking tape, string, glue, spreaders.

I would start the activity by explaining the equipment and its use and safety aspects, letting the children show their prior knowledge if any.

You could then finish off with a story perhaps such as Michael Recycle. :o

Good luck with whatever you choose to do. xD

If you like working with dough, why not make the dough with the children? Lots of opportunities to discuss the changes etc. If you can not find out about the availability of a microwave or hot water, then you could use a simple salt dough.

Good luck whatever you decide.

If you like working with dough, why not make the dough with the children? Lots of opportunities to discuss the changes etc. If you can not find out about the availability of a microwave or hot water, then you could use a simple salt dough.

Good luck whatever you decide.

yep decided earlier make the dough perhaps add two colours in like red and blue make purple ask the children what colours adding in and what they would make.We do a recipe to make playdough at nursery not needing hot water or microwave it only lasts a day though.it is only ten minutes so should have time to make and then manipulate the dough hopefully.Was going to do a story sack but want to engage the children and let them have a hands on approach.Even if i don't get the job ,it's good experience!!!thankyou x

Edited by eclmmcca

Junk modelling is a great activity for children to make their own creations, showing lots of skills, language, physical, design, linking with others,

Not sure if you know how many children you are doing the activity with?

You will need to have a large sack full of packaging of differing kinds, sellotape, scissors, masking tape, string, glue, spreaders.

I would start the activity by explaining the equipment and its use and safety aspects, letting the children show their prior knowledge if any.

You could then finish off with a story perhaps such as Michael Recycle. :o

Good luck with whatever you choose to do. xD

ah thankyou but don't think will have resources or the time for this sounds fun for later stage though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)