Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning For New Term...

I am looking for some help and a chance to moan a bit. At the start of next term I will have 4 children in nursery, of these 4, 3 have additional support needs of varying degrees. My colleague and I are feeling a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of this. During induction I noticed that only 1 has any real colour recognition, so I thought this would be a good place to start, but colour recognition is no longer a part of the Scottish Curriculum. I am looking for ideas on activities and displays that I can use to stimulate some interest in the children.

I know that having only 4 children sounds like bliss to everyone who has larger numbers, and ordinarily it would be fantastic, but the fact that there are 3 with ASN, to be honest, is kind of freaking me out.

Anyway, I would really appreciate any help that anyone can give me on possible activities or plans for a theme of colour that I can adapt and extend to fit in with Curriculum for Excellence.

Thanks in advance.

Fiona

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, it is awful when no one replies.

Re planning just keep it simple do not stress. Observation is the key to all planning, observe the children during the first few weeks and plan from your observations.

interactive displays made from different forms of textures which will include colour

red bumpy

blue smooth and shiney

yellow rough etc

Somewhere along those lines

difficult one to answer as i dont know what difficulties these children have and dont know the scottish curriculum! but if it helps we did a lovely display (some time ago) which had two colours flowing into a tin of paint and the mixed colour flowing out...it worked very well was very self explanatory and we made it 3d ...you could have 'talking tins' on the front of the paint tins so that when pressed they same the names of the colours...actually i think only having 4 children is quite difficult...hard work for you so good luck :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)