Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Long Term/medium Term Planning

Hi everyone -

I am due to move to Abu Dhabi to teach Nursery in an English Curriculum school. Ive been out of nursery for a year and a half and have kind of lost touch with it already! Can anyone offer up their L/MT planning for me to get my head around it again!

Thanks!

Lisa x

well here long term plans are (in an ideal world) basically the EYFS, med plans what you plan to do each month/term, short term plans what you plan to do weekly/fortnightly - ideally weekly filled in as you go with staff/childrens ideas :o

Well, hello there! Long time, no hear :o

How exciting! From working with a student who teaches in a similar school, I'm going to guess that things are rather more formal over there, and not quite embracing the EYFS as we try to do in most nursery settings in this country.

My student often tells me how children are quite likely to be sitting in rows and engaged in formal reading, writing and number work. Do you know much about where you'll be teaching? And how much scope you'll have for supporting child-initiated play which includes role-play, self-selecting resources, etc?

....and what have you been up to since you graduated? xD

Well, hello there! Long time, no hear :o

How exciting! From working with a student who teaches in a similar school, I'm going to guess that things are rather more formal over there, and not quite embracing the EYFS as we try to do in most nursery settings in this country.

My student often tells me how children are quite likely to be sitting in rows and engaged in formal reading, writing and number work. Do you know much about where you'll be teaching? And how much scope you'll have for supporting child-initiated play which includes role-play, self-selecting resources, etc?

....and what have you been up to since you graduated? xD

Hi Helen! Yes very long time! It is very formal over there, my cousin is out there in FS1 and hers are on Phase 3 already, so a big push right from the offset and there are very high expectations from parents - so yes I am expecting them to be sitting in rows and writing stories for me by Christmas! Im in a school which is owned by a construction company, it is private, and non profit making. all the money goes back into the school so lots of resources!

Since graduating I went to Hastings for a year, did Nursery as a job share and got moved to Y2 full time. Im now back in Brighton at a school I had for my first placement at uni, in Y1, and am loving it. Very challenging, completely different to when I was with you! And now moving to Abu Dhabi! All a bit crazy really! But very excited to be back in Nursery because I do feel comfortable there, like I said just need to get back into the EY thinking mind!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)