Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Indoor Environment

Guest clare2183

Guest clare2183

Can any one help me?! I'm new to the forum and in search of some advice.

We are currently evaluating our indoor environments using the Communication Friendly Spaces approach - Elizabeth Jarman.

Does any one have any suggestions where else I could look for further information? children's responses to colour for example? Or the use of natural light in the environment and the effects these have on children's learning?

Thanks

Hi Clare

Welcome to the forum. I'm afraid I don't have any further information but interestingly just the other day I was looking for some information on the impact of colour of the environment on children's learning and was guided to Elizabeth Jarmen which I found useful. I would be interested too if anybody had any further information.

Elizabeth jarmon has a lovely file with lots of info in it on CFS - it includes speaking and listening, linking the learning environment and educational pedagogy, environmental considerations (use of space, storage, resourses, displays, noise, colour schemes, light and changing spaces), next steps and case studies.

Its a fab little folder with lots of pictures.

contact details: info@elizabethjarmonltd.co.uk www.elizabethjarmonltd.co.uk

:oxD:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)