Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Baby Massage

Hi

Not been on here for a while, but due to redundancy I am on the search for other jobs....

I have an interview at a prison for family support worker, and will be doing 10 min presentation for an activity for mothers and babies, I was thinking about doing baby massage does anyone think this is a good idea??? Has anyone any other ideas....

This redundancy lark has hit me hard I loved my job, and finding it really hard to motivate myself ..

Any help gratefully received

H x x

Hi there

I think the baby massage is a lovely idea. Have you done this before- are you qualified? That's the only thing that would stop me from doing this as I think you need a qualification or some kind of certificate to cover yourself in terms of ensuring liability - do you know what I mean?

The other thing you could try is some kind of music/rhythm activity- simple hand rhymes and songs. Good luck with your application, redundancy can be tough as is searching for a job so I wish you all the best :o

If I read it right you're doing a presentation about an activity, and not carrying out the activity itself? In which case I'd say baby massage is a lovely thing to suggest, and apple has given you some great ideas for things to include!

Good luck with it - sorry to hear that you've been made redundant. It can be hard not to let these things knock your confidence, and it is good to hear that you're staying positive.

Please come back and let us know how it goes!

Thanks girls really appreciated your ideas and kind thoughts....

I dont have qualification in baby massage so maybe I shouldnt be suggesting it as an activity I would od with the group...

Hi there

I have not been on here for a little while but just saw your post.

I am a baby massage instructor so think it's a lovely idea, however I appreciate you feeling apprehensive as you are not quilified so to speak or have insurance like someone else said. I do have liability insurance to cover myself just in case. However saying that there is lots of books and information on the interent so parents can learn it themselves and you are not actually doing it on their babies, but on a doll demonstrating.

Think it will be a unique idea for your interview that others may not do, you could say to the parents at beginning that you are just going to show them today a short massage maybe just on the legs, giving all the benefits of this as you do. I also sing songs as part of the routine.

Would be more than happy to help you with this if you wanted to go ahead as feel baby massage can be undervalued by parents and it is such a great bonding process

Sarah x

Hi there

I have not been on here for a little while but just saw your post.

I am a baby massage instructor so think it's a lovely idea, however I appreciate you feeling apprehensive as you are not quilified so to speak or have insurance like someone else said. I do have liability insurance to cover myself just in case. However saying that there is lots of books and information on the interent so parents can learn it themselves and you are not actually doing it on their babies, but on a doll demonstrating.

Think it will be a unique idea for your interview that others may not do, you could say to the parents at beginning that you are just going to show them today a short massage maybe just on the legs, giving all the benefits of this as you do. I also sing songs as part of the routine.

Would be more than happy to help you with this if you wanted to go ahead as feel baby massage can be undervalued by parents and it is such a great bonding process

Sarah x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)