Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enable Children To Develop A Positive Self Image A

Hi Michelle -

First of all, welcome to the Forum and thanks for your first post. :D

Secondly - you're going to need to give more information on what you're struggling with at the moment.

To start with, have you read Sue's excellent NVQ Guidance article for C5. You should get some good pointers from that - and once you've read that, if you have more specific queries bring them back here. You can find the article here.

By the way - I've moved this topic into the NVQ3 forum area, in case you wondered why it had decided to shift of its own accord! :)

Welcome Michelle with your 1st post.

I presume you need a reflective account because the Assessor has been unable to observe you "enabling a child to have a positive self-image"

Think of the ways your setting covers this aspect of PSE in it's planning and routines.

Some topics such as "All about Me" often planned for September time, would help meet this objective.

I have used the story "Elmer" to help children to think about and value and respect each others skin colour.

How do you praise and value childrens efforts, are they stereotypical ie: "What strong boys you are", Well done girls for tidying up" if so How would this effect their gender identity / self image?

Hope this gives you some ideas to start with.

Peggy

p.s. Steve, you moved this whilst I was responding, so got an error, glad I didn't lose it completely :o

Welcome Michelle with your 1st post.

I presume you need a reflective account because the Assessor has been unable to observe you "enabling a child to have a positive self-image"

Think of the ways your setting covers this aspect of PSE in it's planning and routines.

Some topics such as "All about Me"  often planned for September time, would help meet this objective.

I have used the story "Elmer" to help children to think about and value and respect each others skin colour.

How do you praise and value childrens efforts, are they stereotypical ie: "What strong boys you are", Well done girls for tidying up" if so How would this effect their gender identity / self image?

Hope this gives you some ideas to start with.

Peggy

p.s. Steve, you moved this whilst I was responding, so got an error, glad I didn't lose it completely :o

31990[/snapback]

hEY IT ME AGAIN MY HEAD IS GOING ROUND AND ROUND I HAVE TO ENCLUDED THE FOLLOWING PC IN MY REFECTIVE ACCOUNT PC,4,6,7,8,9. tHE KU I HAVE COVER THEM IN WRITTEN QUESTION . I HAVNT A CLUE WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT OR HOW TO START IT.

Hi Michelle,

I hope this is not too late for you! Let's take the first two. :)

For PC 4 (Effective use is made of resources and networks in the local community to introduce positive role models):

* Do you take children out to visit groups in the community, or do you ever invite people in, for example, to demonstrate signing to the children? Do you ever organise a visit to the local shop, doctor, dentist, baby clinic, etc, or invite any professionals in to talk about their work?

This is all about using your local community to find positive role models for your children.

For PC 6 (Discussions are positively used to encourage children to identify with, and take pride in their own self image and racial and sexual identity)

* Peggy's mentioned some good starting points already.

* You could describe an activity that you would do with children to address this PC, and also perhaps state why you think it is so important to build children's self-esteem.

Try to take each one in turn, and deal with them separately; I know sometimes it all seems so overwhelming when you lump them together :o

Hi Michelle,

I hope this is not too late for you! Let's take the first two.  :)

For PC 4 (Effective use is made of resources and networks in the local community to introduce positive role models):

* Do you take children out to visit groups in the community, or do you ever invite people in, for example, to demonstrate signing to the children? Do you ever organise a visit to the local shop, doctor, dentist, baby clinic, etc, or invite any professionals in to talk about their work?

This is all about using your local community to find positive role models for your children.

For PC 6 (Discussions are positively used to encourage children to identify with, and take pride in their own self image and racial and sexual identity)

* Peggy's mentioned some good starting points already.

* You could describe an activity that you would do with children to address this PC, and also perhaps state why you think it is so important to build children's self-esteem.

Try to take each one in turn, and deal with them separately; I know sometimes it all seems so overwhelming when you lump them together  :o

32043[/snapback]

HELEN AND PEGGY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP I HANDED IT IN YESTERDAY SO NOW I HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Michelle

I am Trudy shoot yr question maybe i can help you just said C5 pop yr question are u talking about C.5 NVQ level 3 child care and education :o

Regards

Trudy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)