Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Oudoor

Hi

I am in the process of developing a planning sheet for outdoor. I would be looking to cover each area of learning. As a team, we would then evaluate the intersets of the children (weekly) to see what should be added as enhancements, dropped or developed new each coming week.

Does anyone have such a planning sheet they could share?

I have tried opening Alistairs on "ABC Does", but will not open for me.

Thanks

Hi Maz

The resources that we have for outdoors are and may be very different. For example, wheeles toys, climbing equipment, mark making on a large scale etc...

Also opportunities outdoor can be linked to the environment and natural changes. Different weather conditions that can't be experienced in a classroom can offer a great wealth of rich learning outcomes.

I think we need something written down that reflects that.

Not sure if this what you after but it's quite an interesting thing to look at to get your brain thinking along outdoor lines!

Click on the link

http://birthtofive.org.uk/earlyyearsfounda...tmaterials.aspx

and click "Suggested Provision for the Outdoor area"

Gives some ideas of zones you can offer your provision through, not sure if this any help! : )

Could you then just do a table with each area/zone in and just fill in what you have offered each day maybe with an adjoining box to put areas of L&D you feel you have covered and then another box to record any interests/ themes which were apparent in the children's play, and how you did enhance - or plan to enhance - that learning zone in the light of what you have observed????

The resources that we have for outdoors are and may be very different. For example, wheeles toys, climbing equipment, mark making on a large scale etc...

So you're looking for examples of actual planning then and not just a template? I must have been having a senior moment!

So you're looking for examples of actual planning then and not just a template? I must have been having a senior moment!

Thank you both.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)