Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pe Observation

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine on their half term break!

I have just received an email saying I will be observed on Tuesday morning for a SIP visit by the leadership team and an LA advisor.

On Tuesday morning I am teaching PE with my reception class, the focus of the observation is differentiation, and the use of a range of learning styles.

My theme for the week is dinosaurs focussing on Bumpus Rumpus Dinosaurumpus. I am really struggling to think of a lesson for PE which will really impress linked to dinosaurs and the focus for the observation.

I am hoping to focus it around dance so my children can repeat, link and adapt movements in order to meet PD scale point 9.

Please, please can you lovely people help me out??!!

Thank-you in advance!!

Hi,

my immediate thought is can they think of different ways that dinosaurs could move. They could then practise and refine these moves, and then put several moves together as to act out a heard of different dinosaurs.

I am sure someone will come up with some good ideas soon, but that's hopefully a start.

Emily

Hi,

my immediate thought is can they think of different ways that dinosaurs could move. They could then practise and refine these moves, and then put several moves together as to act out a heard of different dinosaurs.

I am sure someone will come up with some good ideas soon, but that's hopefully a start.

Emily

Thanks Emily! That idea has really helped, I have found a fab song on Dino's on Itunes and have linked your idea in. Thanks Again x

My theme for the week is dinosaurs focussing on Bumpus Rumpus Dinosaurumpus. I am really struggling to think of a lesson for PE which will really impress linked to dinosaurs and the focus for the observation.

I would really focus on the skills you are directly teaching/your children are working on within the PD curriculum rather than fret about the dinosaur angle/scale point 9 to be honest - you could be using anything as a context but if the specific teaching and therefore children's progress within the session are not apparent then it becomes style over content. Are they all working beyond the ELGs in all aspects of movement? How will you differentiate for those that are not?

Cx

PS I would like to say that I consider an email notification for an observation within 1 working day of returning to work pretty poor. What if you were away and had no access to a PC???? These visits are not just arranged like that!

Edited by catma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)