Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Trips

Hi,

I need some advise please. I am taking my nursery class on a trip to the farm. I am very nervous about not covering all the things I need to think about. Can anyone offer any advise on what things they do for trips. I have thought of risk assessment, ratios, insurance forms, medical issues, first aiders, contact numbers and who is with which adults, things to do and see at the far!m...anythng else??

Thank you!

Information for parent helpers, which includes details concerning potential risk of touching lambs during pregnancy, that they can only take their own children to the toilet, outline the importance of washing hands after touching any animals. Also ensure that you have checked that whatever coach firm you use has adequate insurance and that the coach will have suitable seat belts for children.

yes all of that but more impotantly....HAVE FUN! i have been on so many school trips where leaders have got so caught up in the regulations that they have forgotten that this should be an exciting and memorable day for the children :o

We went to a farm last year and were given a sample of a risk assessment for the farm, included things relevant to the farm, i.e handwashing, advise for pregnant women. etc. Maybe the farm you are visint may have there own.

smiles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)